Mumsaid have fun

Tonight I went dancing.  Not the "fellas at the club" type of dancing, but the "promenade and swing and try not to run into anyone and onetwothree onetwothree will the room ever stop spinning" type of dancing. It was amazing.  It was uplifting.  It was refreshing.  It smelled a bit, but I loved it.  I had no idea that my calves could sweat.

One apple and some peanut butter later (how many days now without an Extra Value Meal?), I lay here in my bed, head throbbing, listening to GreenWarrior snoring, and experience, for the second Saturday in a row, the exhaustion that comes from pure exhilaration.  Pure, absolute-my abs hurt from laughing and my legs hurt from dancing-exhilaration.

Why on God's Green Earth didn't I do this before?  I seriously need to go contra dancing again.  No one ever told me that I could feel this completely and utterly tired and yet happy at the same time.  I could completely pass out yet I am still high from all of the Good Clean Fun.

I am thankful Lynnea insisted that I join her and for encouraging the Young One from church to join us.  I am thankful for the conversation I had with the Young One on the way home.  I am thankful for the many understanding regulars that helped me learn the steps.  I am thankful for Germ-X and fans.  I am thankful that on Friday night my friends allowed the hysterical, tears flowing, sides splitting laughter that came as I (attempted) to tell the story of how my flatulence disturbed my fellow Wal-Mart shoppers.  I am thankful for Family Feud and temporary tattoos.  (Ask my children about that one.)  I am thankful for this week-end, and the beginning that comes along with it.

Onetwothree, onetwothree...balance...and swing...courtesy turn...

Comments

  1. Your dancing sounds like My sister Joan's Contra dancing, which in turn sounds a little like the old square dancing except without square dancing outfits.

    Joan says it makes her glow and smile, along with the healthy sweat. It is addictive! So what is your dancing called? Karen Patterson Littleton

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mumsaid judge not lest ye be judged...or something like that

Mumsaid take care of yourself